MosChip provides design and development services on the range of embedded platforms, based on Microprocessors, Digital signal processors, FPGA and associated peripherals. Our System Design and Engineering abilities make it helpful for organizations across various industries like Defence, Medical, Telecom, Consumer or Automotive Electronics.
Modern electronics device design has evolved significantly with ever shrinking components, growing processing power and high level of integration. And developing such devices is a multi-stage process, to name a few – understanding the requirements, planning the hardware, identifying the right components, capturing it as schematics, developing the PCB, Gerber Generation, PCB fabrication, component assembly and finally board bring up.
We undertake hardware-development based on:
- Free scale Power QUICC Communications Processors, AMCC Power PC Processors, Xilinx FPGA (Virtex, Spartan, Artix Series), Analog & Texas DSP Processors, Renesas & Microchip Microcontroller.
- Memory: Synchronous & Asynchronous Memories i.e. SDR, DDR, DDR-II
- Communication Interfaces: UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, USB, MIL1553, ARINC429, Rapid I/O, Rocket I/O, Optical.
- Mixed Signal Design: ADC, DAC.
- Form Factor: VME, PCI, cPCI, VPX & Customer Defined
- Hands on experience with Orcad, PADS PCB & Cadence Tools.
- Strong Experience in Environmental Test Procedure & Mechanical Structural Design.
MosChip also provides a complete design solution, from architecture definition to all aspects of design, including analysis of critical design paths requiring an in-depth understanding of component characteristics, SoC development, power reduction considerations, PCB integration, and PCB form factor reduction. Both systems and software can be optimized for design flexibility and scalability. MosChip has designed a wide variety of system-level evaluation boards, many of which have become production products.
With an ever-increasing amount of functionality being built into silicon devices, including the demand for higher frequencies and greater throughput, pin-count and signal integrity have become paramount concerns for PCB designers. These design considerations, coupled with the requirement to operate at lower voltages with tighter tolerances than previous IC generations, presents some significant challenges for even the most experienced PCB designer. Over the years, MosChip has developed many board-level products that have successfully addressed complex issues such as:
- Critical design and optimization of analog and digital signal paths
- Low power and low voltage design optimization
- High-speed signal integrity and trace routing
- Form factor reduction
- Component area optimization
- Multiple other disciplines of systems design.