MosChip started its journey in 1999 as a product company and shipped millions of products for connectivity applications as well as SOCs that are used in various applications. MosChip’s focus is on Mixed Signal and Edge Device SoC ASIC solutions.
MosChip’s value proposition:
- IP – MosChip provides complete custom silicon solutions using in-house digital/ mixed-signal IP along with 3rd party IP vendors.
- Semiconductor Platform Solutions – MosChip’s silicon-proven platform solutions create a solid foundation to provide custom semiconductor solutions in the areas of data converters, SOCs for STB, smart metering, handheld devices, and various IoT applications.
- ASIC Design – MosChip’s SOC team brings in the capabilities to provide design services from RTL to Silicon along with FPGA prototyping.
- Supply Chain – MosChip has strong relationships with leading foundries like TSMC, Global Foundries, Tower-Jazz along with OSAT vendors.
MosChip brings in silicon-proven IP that gives a huge advantage and reduces risk to the customers looking for custom silicon solutions. Our IP portfolio includes:
- Protocol agnostic high-speed serial interfaces running up to 10Gbps that is proven in silicon.
- SerDes for 16Gbps currently in silicon validation and ability to develop custom SerDes.
- Silicon has proven PLLs, data converters (ADC/ DACs), and develop custom Data converters.
- Various product silicon has proven digital blocks for interfaces.
- Our partnership with CEVA, Secure IC, and working relationship with ARM, Synopsys, and Cadence gives us access to their IPs that can be integrated with quick turn-around times.
In addition to the silicon-proven IP, MosChip has a world-class mixed-signal design team. Our team can put together complex IPs for SerDes, data converters, serial links, and power management with quick turn-around times.
Semiconductor Platform Solutions
MosChip’s ASIC design services have a proven record of accomplishment of 20+ years in providing design services from RTL to volume production.
Our expertise covers:
- RTL Design and IP Integration
- Pre-Silicon Validation (FPGA Prototype)
- RTL2GDSII (Synthesis, DFT, Place & Route)
- GDSII to Silicon (Tape-out, Foundry and OSAT Interface, Volume Production)
Our design flow is based on tools from our EDA partners Cadence, Mentor graphics & Synopsys, and production-proven with the leading foundries with the lower geometries. In addition, MosChip’s ability to do “FPGA proto-typing” enhances our ability to deliver working silicon on the first pass.
MosChip’s silicon-proven high-speed SerDes and digital blocks for controllers, PCS, and Link Layers give us a unique advantage to create custom silicon for Data Conversion applications.
SOC Platform solutions:
MosChip’s production-proven SOC solutions become a good platform for SOCs for STB, smart metering, and handheld applications. MosChip is currently shipping ASICs with a platform similar to the architecture given below.
IoT Platform solutions:
MosChip has gained valuable experience in the IoT domain by deploying our IoT solutions in the areas of smart lighting for smart cities, asset tracking, and monitoring for both industrial and mobile applications.
Our IoT architecture creates a strong platform for custom silicon solutions for industrial, medical, automobile, and other IoT applications.
Semiconductor Supply Chain:
MosChip has been working with leading foundries like TSMC, Global Foundries, and Tower Jazz (Now, Tower Semiconductor) has a working relationship for close to twenty years. Our partnership with ASE for volume production for packaging and testing and multiple partners for lower volumes with smaller vendors in the USA gives us the ability for quick turn- around times.