According to a latest report “IoT Healthcare Market by Components (Medical Device, System and Software, Service, and Connectivity Technology), Application (Telemedicine, Workflow Management, Connected Imaging, Medication Management), End-User – Global Forecast to 2020”, the global Internet of things healthcare market is estimated to grow from USD 32.4 Billion in 2015 to USD 163.2 Billion by 2020, which is 403% in 5 years.
According to another report, the IoT healthcare market is expected to have a CAGR of 43.01% during the period of 2016-2022 with the main investments in the healthcare industry by governments and various stakeholders.
Here is the list of top areas where IoT applications in healthcare are implemented:
- Medical devices like wearables, implanted medical devices, stationary devices.
- Monitor health with remote device management, including data analytics, application and network security.
- Application management tools for Telemedicine, Clinical Operations, Workflow Management, Inpatient Monitoring, and Medication Management.
- Customized connected technologies, Wi-Fi, BLE, NFC, ZigBee, Cellular, and Satellite.
- Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Clinics, Government and Defense Institutions, and Research and Diagnostics Labratories.
- Managed services for system integration, maintenance, and support.