ZigBee: Services and Solutions
MosChip has vast experience in delivering overseas and at-home ZigBee based solutions. We have extensively worked on TI’s Z-Stack and with our in-depth knowledge of ZigBee’s layered architecture, (ZCL, ZDO, network layer and MAC layer) we have successfully implemented projects in minimum turnaround time.
MosChip has worked on developing Raspberry Pi / Beaglebone based HA Linux gateway server, integrated third party ZigBee certified smart plugs as routers, and designed and developed custom battery powered end devices for sensors. Along with it, we have also developed applications on gateway server to provide the cloud connectivity. One of the focus areas of providing complete home automation is to enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity on a 2.4GHz frequency band.
MosChip provides a packaged solution for meter manufacturers to convert their existing meter into smart meters. The RF module is designed in such a way that it fits into their existing meters and can communicate over UART, reducing time to market significantly.
For Indian scenario, our ZigBee based smart metering solution for residential and industrial areas has following components:
- ZigBee module which goes into the meter
- Hand held unit to fetch data from meters
- Base computer software for bill generation
- GPRS based gateway for cloud connectivity
- Cloud platform for remote monitoring of the meters
MosChip has developed lighting control board with two relay and dimming control, which can be operated from ZigBee based RF module. Our cloud solution gives you remote access to manually configure the schedule and override previous action, when required.
- GPRS based gateway
- Feeder based gateway to monitor consumption via meter
- Schedules for automatic on / off / dim
- Over the air (OTA) firmware upgrade
- Lighting control board with two relay and dimming control
Embedded Application Development Services
Maven provides in-depth solution for ZigBee. We design and develop ZigBee routers, battery-powered end devices, ZigBee based hand held unit and ZigBee-GPRS / Ethernet gateway. We have also developed TestJig for the testing and verification at production.
We work on standard application profiles such as:
- Smart Energy Profile (SEP) 1.1
- Home Automation (HA) 1.2
- ZigBee Light Link (ZLL)
We support Over the air (OTA) firmware upgrade which excludes the need of additional external flash on CC2530 for the Smart Energy Profile devices. Based on the requirement, we also implement manufacturer-specific clusters for smart metering and home automation solutions.
Hardware design and development services
MosChip has developed 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.15.4 compliant, multi-purpose ZigBee module based on Texas Instrument’s CC2530 SoC.
Based on requirements, we have also designed and developed various modules to provide ZigBee connectivity:
- ZigBee to UART modules
- ZigBee to USB modules
- ZigBee and GPRS based gateway
- ZigBee enabled automation control modules / sensor modules
- ZigBee to Wi-Fi modules
- ZigBee to power line communication (PLC) modules
Your benefits include:
- Quick prototyping using IP developed by us – hence less time to market
- Proven quality and module range
- Wide spectrum of boards and offerings to give a full solution
- Worked on TI’s CC2530 SoC
- Designed and developed various boards
- Low power consumption
- Very small form factor size
- Multiple antenna options to suit the range requirements