Remote Device Management
MosChip have dealt by both consumers and small- and medium-sized businesses in confronting technical problems.
MosChips Systems has huge experience in developing M2M solutions. Not only that we have also delivered end-to-end applications in record time. MosChip has delivered M2M solutions by taking full responsibility more than one hardware design, embedded development, cloud connectivity and smartphone accessibility! We also provide you with secure and scalable solutions which has flexible APIs support so that you can quickly build and deliver custom IoT applications to suit your needs. You can further add business analytics and intelligence by processing the IoT data into your key enterprise applications and systems.
Hardware development services
MosChip has experience in hardware design development for developing machine connectivity devices. We have delivered over 50 different hardware designs, bulk of them in the M2M domain.
MosChip’s M2M devices can communicate to machines using any of the following types interfaces:
- Sensor interface: Analog inputs (0-5V and 4-20mA) and digital inputs
- Communication systems: RS232 / RS485 / CANBus / Bluetooth (BLE) / Wi-Fi
- Wireless networks (RF / ZigBee / Bluetooth / Wi-Fi): These eliminate the need of wiring for connecting devices spread across a plant / field and are extremely useful for retrofit installations
- Wired networks (RS485 / Ethernet / PLC): If existing infrastructure is already present, wireless solutions need not be used. Modbus over RS485, TCP protocols over Ethernet and power line communication protocols can be used for short range connectivity
- GPRS networks: These are wireless DCUs that use SIM cards and cellular network to transfer data to the central server.. These can be put just about anywhere as long as there is GSM connectivity.
Ethernet networks: These type of devices use broadband Ethernet connection to send data to the server.
Domain knowledge with other technical expertise, ensures that our products shape up to the desired quality and in lesser number of iterations. In logistics, energy, construction equipment or any other type of remote monitoring, MosChip has a team of experts to understand unspoken and implicit requirements. We also make sure that the time between proof-of-concept to production is minimized by taking care of the end user needs & usability scenarios right from day one!
- Logistics / transportation / equipment monitoring
- Smart metering
Data acquisition modules
Collecting data accurately from raw and digital signals is the very first and an extremely important step for M2M communication. MosChip has understood this aspect very well and has developed expertise to collect data from various interfaces like:
- Digital inputs:
- ON / OFF type of interfaces
- 0-30V DC
- Analog inputs:
- 0-5V / 4-20mA inputs
- Use of ultra-high precision analog inputs with accuracy of up to 0.003%
- Digital interfaces:
- Interfaces like: RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and others
- Protocols like: Modbus, BACnet, LonWorks, CANBus, TCP and proprietary
Wireless communication modules
ZigBee / BLE / RF / Wi-Fi can be used for various applications from smart metering, asset monitoring, home / industrial automation. For example:
- ZigBee / RF can be used for metering and sub-metering options
- BLE / iBeacons can be used for asset monitoring
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi can be used for home / automation
Key technologies include:
- TTL / RS232 / RS485 interface for serial connectivity
- Transparent mode enables plug-n-play connectivity – just like connecting wires!
- Readily available support for Modbus protocol
- Support for multiple I/Os
- Digital inputs and outputs
- Analog inputs (0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20mA)
- Range up to 6kms with transmit power range options of 16 dBm, 21 dBm, 27 dBm
- SmarttMesh increases the network performance multifold and provides faster and reliable data acquisition
- Supports large networks with up to 500 nodes and up to 50 hops
Gateways / Data Concentrator Units (DCUs)
MosChip provides GPRS / 3G / Ethernet based gateways for enabling cloud communication of field modules with remotely hosted servers. Key highlights include:
- Collection of data from wired and wireless networks
- Data collection from a network of up to 500 wireless modules
- Local storage for offline mode – useful when GPRS signal is lost
- Over-the-air firmware upgrade capability
- Maintaining of diagnostics and connectivity information of the network
Our experience is just not limited to IoT applications but we have also delivered applications in the arena of social networking and e-commerce.
You can use components of our cloud platforms for various applications like:
- Vehicle monitoring
- Asset monitoring
- Equipment monitoring
- Smart metering
- Industrial automation
- Home automation
Smart phone applications
We provide you with simple but user friendly smartphone applications to give you instant connectivity. So, when it comes to smartphone development you can bank on us for following:
- Developing Android applications
- Developing iPhone / iPad / iOS applications
- Simple, effective and user friendly interface
- Power sensitive applications with effective power management to preserve battery life
- Single touch / multi -touch gesture applications
- Effective use of peripherals such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, storage, GPS, accelerometer and so on