M2M | Machine to Machine
M2M communication is mostly used for remote monitoring. M2M communication plays an important aspect of warehouse management, remote control, traffic control, logistic, robotics services, fleet management, supply chain management and telemedicine. It forms the basis for the Internet of Things (IoT). The key components of an M2M system include RFID, sensors, a Wi-Fi or cellular communications link & autonomic computing software which are programmed n such a manner that it helps all networked device to interpret data and make decisions. The most used type of M2M communication is telemetry, which is in use since the last century to transmit operational data.
Presently, M2M do not have any standardized connected device platform & mostly all M2M systems are built to be task- or device-specific. It is also expected that all M2M would become more pervasive and that vendors may need to agree upon standards for device-to-device communications.
With Moschip, get complete control over the assets using remote monitoring hardware, cloud and smartphone based solutions by:
- Maximizing performance and productivity
- Getting alarm and status information by SMS and email in real-time
- Stopping operational money leaks by controlling theft and asset abuse
- Ensuring uptimes by maintaining asset health using preventive maintenance techniques
- Knowing asset locations to prevent asset misuse and thefts.
Modbus based remote monitoring solutions
MosChip makes the monitoring of any Modbus enabled equipment, very easy by connecting the hardware gateways onto any serial communication channels such as RS232 or RS485 followed by sending the real-time status information to remote servers.
In case, your equipment is already connected to SCADA or BMS systems, we can also provide you a seamless bridge would keep the existing SCADA / BMS connectivity intact so that it can provide remote connectivity at the same time.
Key features include:
- Remotely configurable communication settings
- Remotely configurable polling frequencies
- Remotely configurable register map
- Monitor multiple RS485 equipment using single gateway
- Local storage in case of loss of cellular connectivity
OBD / CANbus based remote monitoring solutions
MosChip renders OBD / CANbus based solutions. This solution helps in providing the easy means of accessing vehicle data. This would include diagnostic trouble codes, and maintenance information inspection, in-use performance tracking, and many more.
The solution can also be used for connecting to heavy duty construction and mining equipment.
The present solution is compatible to ELM327 command set (a programmed microcontroller for providing the on-board diagnostics (OBD)). This further ensures out-of-the-box compatibility with the many other existing vehicles.
Presently the solution can support:
- All legislated OBD II protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Non-legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO 15765
- ISO 11898 (raw CAN)
- SAE J1939 OBD protocol used in heavy-duty vehicles
MosChip can now connect all the sensors to cloud servers. This will further enabling continuous flow of data, which would make better decisions & also improve operational efficiency, all the while increasing productivity.
MosChip offers two ways of wireless sensor monitoring:
- Using cellular / GPRS enabled data loggers:
These solutions can be used if all the sensors which are nearby. Also the wiring from sensors to the data logger is simple. One can connect up to 16 analog and 12 digital inputs to a single box, thus, making monitoring extremely economical.
Typical applications include, process control systems, mechanical engines, industrial plants etc.
- By creating local wireless sensor networks:
These types of solutions can be used only if the sensors are far away from one other or the wiring is complex. If the sensors are less in numbers, then one should use this approach.
In this approach the sensors are connected to very tiny wireless modules that can send data to gateways / data concentrators located few kilometres away. Wireless modules can communicate on frequencies such as 2.4 GHz or 865-868 MHz based on the range requirements. Mesh algorithm increases the range without need of repeaters and the data concentrator uploads the received data to the cloud servers. Typical applications include, pipeline monitoring, solar or windmills monitoring and so on.
Type of sensors supported:
- Analog sensors
- 0-5 V
- 0-10 V
- 4-20 mA
- Digital sensors Normally Open / Normally Closed type sensors
- MEMS based sensors
Various hardware models can be provided based on user needs. Available interfaces include:
- RS232 / RS485 port connection for Modbus communication
- OBD port connection for OBD and CANbus protocols
- Analog inputs and digital with options of
- 4 analog and 4 digital
- 8 analog and 8 digital
- 16 analog and 12 digital
- GPS interface for location tracking
- GPRS based monitoring
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi for offline data collection
- RF for local communication
Flexible and customizable software
MosChip’s cloud servers are mainly hosted on cloud platforms like Amazon or Microsoft, and thus are available 24 x 7 without any downtimes. The software can cater to thousands of M2M devices and can scale up to support millions of them. It is architected considering real-time availability and efficient reporting. Key features include:
- Sending of SMS / emails in case of alerts
- Real time monitoring
- Efficient reporting enabling quick and conclusive business decisions
- Specialized algorithms such as
- Fuel monitoring
- Energy / load calculations
- Energy costing
- Route monitoring
- Integration with SAP / ERP systems
You name a thing and it is available on the internet. And we at MosChip understand how much your smart phone matter and is crucial for a day to day life today. And thus we provide you smartphone apps that helps you to access critical information such as location, alerts and summary reports. Our applications are compatible to Android and iOS platforms.